Facebook

Rebecca Bird-Syphus's Facebook profile

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Furniture - Before

Ok, I have had a lot of people asking me to see my furniture. So, here it is. For my birthday in September my Mom let me get my furniture recovered. I was so excited because our furniture is really old......These chairs, were my mom's and are like 30 years old. The couch is awesome, but from the 70s. So the recovering was desperately needed.


This ottoman Alan and I had my brother in law Jesse make the frame for, then we upholstered ourselves. It has lasted like 4 years, and that seemed like long enough. It needed to be recovered, but we just decided to have a new one made.
This is what my living room looked like for about 1 week while our furniture was away getting a face lift. It was pretty stressful looking through all the fabrics and trying to decide what to do. I am going to have this furniture for a long time, so it was scary. But, I came across one print that I loved, and the rest fell into place.

No comments: